Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Community Partners Overview
|Community Partner Stakeholder Feedback - CAFE’ Pilot Test|
|DCFS is conductiong a test of an updated CAFE’ portal in a selected area. We welcome all requests and feedback from community partners within the test area.|
DCFS Community Partners are a collaborative network of regional and community organizations that can assist clients with varying levels of support, from providing information about DCFS services to guiding clients through the application process.
Current Community Partners are listed in the DCFS Parish Office Directory:
For additonal information, go to the I Am > Community Partner page.
As a Bronze level partner, partner responsibilities include the following:
- Make informational material such as pamphlets and brochures available to the client. These materials will be provided to you by a DCFS Community Specialist.
- Offer a computer if one is available for public use for applicants to enter their own information in the online application. It is not necessary for your staff to be available to answer questions.
- Offer a paper application if the client is adamant about completing a paper application.
- Provide applicants with a place that affords sufficient privacy to complete the application without compromising confidential information.
- Offer a self-addressed stamped envelope to the client to mail an application and/or verification to a DCFS office. A DCFS Community Specialist will provide you with the envelopes.
- May make other office equipment such as telephones, fax machines, copiers, etc. available to the applicants to carry out DCFS program business.
In addition to the responsibilities listed under the Bronze level partner, partners must:
- Make at least one computer available with Internet access for clients to enter their own information in the online application and have partner staff available to answer questions during the process.
In addition to the responsibilities listed under the Bronze and Silver levels, partners must:
- Have partner staff available to enter application information on behalf of the applicant upon request.
Community partners will not determine eligibility for DCFS program benefits. DCFS will be responsible for processing all applications completed at a community partner site. This includes interviewing the applicant, determining eligibility for benefits, and notifying applicants of the decision.
Interested in becoming a Community Partner?
- Fill out this form and one of our Community Outreach Consultants will contact you.
- DCFS will consider all applications, interview potential partners and determine eligibility for services/benefits for all levels of partnership.
- After becoming a partner, DCFS will provide partners with signs, pamphlets/brochures, applications and envelopes.
- Contact your dedicated Community Outreach Consultant or the Community Outreach Manager for more information.
Tri-Region 1 (Covington, Orleans, Thibodaux)
Tri-Region 2 (Shreveport, Alexandria, Monroe)
Benjamin Williams Lacy
O: 318-362-3327 ext. 201
Our Community Outreach Team is eager to assist and will address all questions regarding community partnership.